Make the best of summer vegetables with a cheese bread recipe. Soft and sweet, this cheese bread can be prepared in just a few minutes.
Roasted artichokes with feta and fresh thyme
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 40 min
- 4 artichokes
- 1 shallot
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- 1 tsp sesame seeds or Za’atar (Lebanese spice blend)
- Homemade mustard vinaigrette
- High-quality salt, pepper
- Start by washing the artichokes. Rinse them in clear water and dry with a clean cloth. Remove the small leaves and first petals, as well as the stringy part of the stem. Immediately rub with a slice of lemon to stop the artichokes from oxidising. Blanch in salted boiling water for 10 min. Drain and cut in half.
- Prepare the sauce. Mix the 3 tbsp of olive oil with the salt, pepper, fresh thyme and juice of half a lemon, and coat the artichokes with the sauce. Place in an oven dish. Add a few slices of lemon. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds or Za’atar. Cover with greaseproof paper to prevent the artichokes from drying out. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 30 min.
- After removing from the oven, sprinkle with the feta, cut some shallot rings and serve immediately as a starter with some homemade Dijon mustard vinaigrette.