Cream of pumpkin soup with cinnamon, and grilled button mushroom
Pepper : Madagascar white pepper : Sikara
- Peel the pumpkin and chop into cubes.
- Place in a food steamer and add a broken cinnamon stick to the steamer water.
- When the pumpkin cubes are tender enough, mix with the strained cinnamon-flavoured cooking water.
- Place in a saucepan and keep warm over a low heat with a few shavings of butter.
- Carefully wash the mushrooms and then cut into quarters.
- Brown in a frying pan with some butter.
- When they are the right colour, pour the cream of pumpkin soup into a recipient, garnish with the mushrooms and season them with some Madagascar white pepper and chopped coriander leaves.
Recommended grind: Medium (3 or 4)