Policy on personal privacy and cookies
Last Updated: August 31, 2018
The information that we may collect from or about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you voluntarily provide to us, for example, your contact information and payment information.
- Information that we passively collect through your use of the Site, for example, data collected by the servers used to operate the Site (such as IP addresses), data collected by cookies, data collected by analytics and advertising services, and data collected when you connect using or share information via social media platforms.
You can visit and use the Site without providing us with your personal information, but you will be required to provide personal information in order to purchase products or use certain other features of the Site. We will collect any personal information from or about you that you choose to provide to us, which may include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and payment information.
For example, you must provide personal information:
- When you create an online Peugeot Saveurs account, in which case you will need to provide your name and email address;
- To sign up for newsletters provided by Peugeot Saveurs;
- To place an order for a product on the Site;
- When you contact the Peugeot Saveurs Customer Services Department, such as via e-mail or telephone;
- To fill out forms or questionnaires on the Site or when you request information from us; and
- When responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, registration confirmations).
- Setting up and administering your Peugeot Saveurs account.
- Management of the Site and processing orders placed through the Site.
- Communicating with you in connection with your Peugeot Saveurs account and orders you place using the Site.
- Sending you Peugeot Saveurs newsletters, sales literature, and other promotional communications.
- Customization of Site content and display of targeted advertising, including on social networks.
- Helping prevent and combat fraud in connection with orders placed through the Site.
Payment & Order Information
Mailing List Information
Site users may subscribe or otherwise opt in to receive our newsletter and other promotions and offers from Peugeot Saveurs. If you opt in to receive these communications from us, you will need to provide your email address. We will use this information to provide you with promotional and other electronic communications. We may use third-party email providers to deliver these communications to you.You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time by clicking on the link provided for this purpose, which can be found in the applicable email. If you have signed up for a Peugeot Saveurs account, you can also unsubscribe in the « My account » section of the Site.
IP Addresses and Related Data
The servers used to operate and provide the Site may collect data pertaining to you and the equipment, software, and communication methods you use to access the Internet and the Site, including Internet protocol (“IP”) addresses assigned to the computers and other devices from where you access the Internet, your Internet service provider (ISP), your device ID number, your approximate geographic location, your browser type, the pages you access on the Site, the websites you access before and after visiting the Site, the length of time you spend on the Site, date and time stamps, and clickstream data. Peugeot Saveurs may use this information to administer the Site and its servers, to generate statistical information, to monitor and analyze Site traffic and usage patterns, to monitor and help prevent fraud, to investigate complaints and violations of our policies, and to improve the Site’s content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through the Site (see also how we use analytics services as described below). We may combine this information with other Collected Information (including personal information) and information obtained from third parties for security reasons and to protect our rights or the rights of others as discussed below. The suppliers that we use to provide the Site may collect information about your visits to the Site and other websites. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies as explained further below under “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.”
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You may disable cookies at any time but disabling cookies may impact your use and enjoyment of the Site (for instance, access to certain features of the Site that make it possible to customize Site content may be denied). Most browsers allow users to manage cookies in the browser’s settings. For example, a browser may allow you to reject cookies from certain websites, reject certain types of cookies regardless of the website, reject or disable all cookies from all websites, and/or delete cookies stored previously.
Changing your cookie preferences in one browser will not necessarily carry over to other browsers, so you may need to adjust your preferences each time you get a new computer, install a new browser, upgrade an existing browser, or alter or delete a browser’s cookie file.
By way of illustration, the types of cookies used by the Site are described below.
- Strictly necessary cookies (also called essential cookies): These cookies allow you to browse the Site and are essential in order for the Site to function properly. Disabling them will result in difficulties in the use of the Site and will have the effect of preventing access to certain features.
- Functional cookies: These cookies are used to remember your preferences and choices in order to make your experience of using the Site a more personal one.
- Statistics and performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how users use the Site (the number of visits, the number of pages viewed, the visitors’ activity), including via Google Analytics. These cookies also enable us to identify and solve operational problems affecting the Site and to improve the way the Site works.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies store information so that customized advertising, tailored to suit your interests, can be displayed to you. They also help us to record the activity of our advertising areas and to measure audiences.
- Third-party cookies: These are the cookies which have been placed by third parties, which are for identifying the items viewed or purchased on the Site and for collecting browsing data in order to customize the advertising which is sent to Site Users outside the Site. As part of this type of advertising partnership, Peugeot Saveurs may be required to send to that third party data concerning the items viewed by Site users when browsing the Site, as well as the nature of his or her purchases. Disabling these cookies will prevent access to certain features offered by Peugeot Saveurs’ suppliers.
To learn more about advertising cookies and behavioral advertising and your choices, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Network Advertising Initiative, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Europe, http://www.allaboutcookies.org, and http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Peugeot Saveurs also uses web tags on certain pages of the Site to count the number of visitors to the page. These web tags may be used with some of our commercial partners, particularly in order to measure and improve the effectiveness of certain advertisements. The information collected via these web tags is anonymous and makes it possible to find out the number of visits to certain pages of the Site in order to provide better assistance to users of the Site.
Additionally, we have enabled and implemented the following Google Analytics Advertising Features: Remarketing with Google Analytics, Demographics and Interest Reporting, Segments, DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and DoubleClick Bid Manager Integration. Remarketing with Analytics uses Google Analytics cookies to serve advertisements to you across the Internet based on your visits to the Site. Demographics and Interest Reporting uses a third-party cookie to collect information about our Site traffic by tracking users across websites and across time, which generates a report for us to better understand Site users. Segments allows us to isolate and analyze subsets of Site users by sorting our Google Analytics data. DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration and DoubleClick Bid Manager Integration allow us to view, analyze, and create remarketing lists using our DoubleClick Campaign data. To opt out of remarketing advertising provided through Google, to customize your ad preferences, or to limit Google’s collection or use this information, visit Google’s Safety Center and Google’s Ad Settings and follow Google’s personalized ad opt-out instructions. Opting out will not affect your use of the Site.
Advertising Networks, Personalized Advertising, Remarketing, and Retargeting
From time to time the Site may use or participate in advertising networks and related advertising services that are managed and provided by third-party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors, and research firms, including Google AdWords. These services collect information about your visits to and interactions with the Site and other websites and will use that information to target advertisements for goods and services. The information collected may be associated with your personal information. These targeted advertisements may appear on the Site or on other websites. Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables their computers to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of the Site and other websites, the location of your Internet service provider, the date and time of a visit to a website, and other interactions between you and a website.
Through Google AdWords, Google uses your Internet searches, cookies, and similar identifiers (e.g., pixel tags) to collect information about your visits to the Site and your interaction with our products and services to generate targeted advertisements to you on other websites that you visit across the Internet. To opt out of remarketing advertising provided through Google, to customize your ad preferences, or to limit Google’s collection or use this information, visit Google’s Safety Center and Google’s Ad Settings and follow Google’s personalized ad opt-out instructions. Opting out will not affect your use of the Site.
To change your preferences with respect to certain online ads and to obtain more information about third-party ad networks and online behavioral advertising, please visit the National Advertising Initiative Consumer opt-out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Program. Please remember that changing your settings with individual browsers or ad networks will not necessarily carry over to other browsers or ad networks. As a result, depending on the opt-outs you request, you may still see our ads from time to time.
If you do not want social media platforms to collect information relating to you via the Site or to link the information collected via the Site to your social media accounts, we suggest that you: (a) do not connect to or share information with social media platforms using the Site; (b) hide social media platform plug-ins using an ad blocker; (c) always log off completely from social media platforms before visiting this Site or other websites and delete all related cookies; and, (d) where the option made available by social media platforms, disable the advertising services and networks operated by those platforms. For example, you may opt out of Twitter’s interest-based advertising by notifying Twitter through one of the methods it describes here.
Our Social Media Pages
Peugeot Saveurs is active on social media, including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter. You may have the opportunity to comment on those social media platforms regarding Peugeot Saveurs and the products we offer. Peugeot Saveurs may post on the Site and its other websites and social media pages any comments or content that you post on our social media pages.
The Site is not directed at children under 13 years of age. Peugeot Saveurs does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 through the Site.
If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that Collected Information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States (where our and our suppliers’ servers and databases are located and operated). The data protection and related laws and regulations of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in the country from which you access the Site.
To access or update your personal information as it exists in our records, please visit your online Peugeot Saveurs account, if applicable, or contact us at email@example.com.